Online faxing services make faxing as easy as sending an email. MyFax and RapidFax have pricing plans for a single user or a home office with no software or hardware to install. Nextiva is the most professional with three pricing plans that range from single user to large businesses. They offer the most pages for the least cost.
Covered in this report
You can send and receive faxes using up to 5 different email addresses.
You can store both sent and received faxes for up to a year without an extra fee.
Best for: For customers that would like the choice of a toll free or local fax number.
You can send and receive multiple faxes at the same time.
You can use your computer, mobile device or use their website to send and receive faxes.
Best for: Single users or small business customers that want a simple online faxing service.
Nextiva has three pricing plans that are great for a home office, small business or a large business.
Nextiva has the lowest prices with the most pages per month.
Best for: Customers that are looking for a professional online faxing service with low prices.
MyFax is owned by Protus which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Global Communications. With MyFax, you will get a fax number that is tied to your email and have the following advantages:
- As simple to use as email with no software or hardware to install
- It is reliable
- You can fax from anywhere
- You are able to view and store your faxes
MyFax Online Faxing Services
MyFax is an easy and inexpensive way to send and receive faxes simply by email. This saves time and money. With MyFax you will get the following faxing services:
- You can choose between getting a local or toll-free fax number.
- You can fax from as many as 5 different email addresses.
- You will not need a fax machine, hardware or software to download.
- You can save your sent and received faxes for up to a year.
- You can also send faxes directly using Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- No extra charges when faxing to 48 international countries.
- MyFax will work with an iPhone, smartphone and Blackberry.
- MyFax has 24/7 customer support.
MyFax currently offers a 30-day free trial that includes the local or toll-free number, access to all features and customer support. After the 30 days, you will then be charged for the next month unless you cancel before the 30 days is up. Instead of getting a new fax number, you can also call MyFax and transfer your current fax number. MyFax has three different packages:
Best Value Plan: You are able to send 100 pages and receive 200 pages per month. The cost is $10 per month or $110 annually.
Most Popular Plan: You are able to send and receive 200 pages per month. The cost is $20 per month.
Fax More Plan: With this plan, you can send and receive 400 pages per month at a cost of $40 per month.
If you go over your monthly allotment of pages, you will be charged $0.10 per page. MyFax also has corporate fax plans.
MyFax Customer Satisfaction
Unfortunately, MyFax does not have good customer comments on the internet. Every customer comment I read complained that it is impossible to cancel the service from MyFax and that customers were being charged for months.
RapidFax is an affiliate of J2 Cloud Services. They are an online faxing service and are perfect for the home office or small business.
RapidFax Online Faxing Services
RapidFax allows you to send and receive faxes using your own email address or you can send and receive faxes through their website. To send a fax, you will use your email account and attach the fax as an attachment and RapidFax will convert this email to a fax and send it as a fax.
When someone sends you a fax to your fax number, RapidFax will convert the fax and send it to your email as an attachment. Or you can go to the RapidFax website and do it from their secure site.
With RapidFax, you will get the following:
- A toll-free number at no extra cost
- No busy signals or waiting to send or receive a fax
- You can send and receive multiple faxes at a time
- Included pages means you can control costs
RapidFax is currently offering a 30-day free trial. They offer one package for a cost of $9.95 per month. With this price, you will get the following fax services:
- No set-up fee
- 300 inbound (received) or outbound (sent) faxes per month
- Monthly additional pages over the 300 pages will cost $0.08 per page
You can store your faxes with RapidFax for 30 days. Any faxes that are left online, in folders or the trashcan, you will be charged $0.05 per fax. You can set your faxes to be automatically deleted after 30 days.
This package is for United States customers only. International customers can contact RapidFax for prices.
RapidFax Customer Satisfaction
I could find no customer comments online concerning RapidFax, which can be a good thing considering I saw no complaints about them. They do have customer testimonials on their website.
Nextiva is an online faxing service that offers several plans that will work for a home office or a small office. Some of their customers include large companies like Burger King, IBM, Allstate, Delta and Target.
Nextiva Online Faxing Services
Nextiva vFax offers the following advantages:
- Never a busy signal
- In many cases, you can keep your current fax number
- Even if your computer is turned off, you will not miss a fax
- With their adaptor, you can use your current fax machine to send paper faxes
- You can send and receive faxes from your smart phone using the email function
- Most files are accepted including TIFF, GIF, PDF, Microsoft Office and printer and text file formats
- You can access your faxes from anywhere
- You can always check your status, account activity or retrieve a backup with their vFax portal
Nextiva has three plans that are great for a single user, small business or business pro.
500 Pages per Month
1000 Pages per Month
3000 Pages per Month
If you go over the page per month limit, the overage charge is $0.03 cents per page.
Nextiva Customer Satisfaction
Nextiva does not have many customer comments, but they do have video testimonials from business customers on their website. eBizToolkit.com rates Nextiva vFax a 9.3 out of 10 with the following comments:
- “Coming from paying AT&T $35 for each of our fax lines (6 of them), Nextiva has saved me lots of money. It's different from a typical fax line but by different I mean it's much better. Faxes come in and go out faster. We don't hear of complaints that people can't send us faxes and best of all, the faxes get sent to our email addresses. Nextiva has practically turned the fax service into an email service.”
- “I am on a 30 day trial basis with Nextiva but seriously considering signing up for one year to lower the monthly cost. So far the service works great, as expected, and as promised. Today I had a fax-bridge question (to use my physical fax machine) so I emailed tech support. Their system immediately sent me a reference number and within a few minutes I received another email, from a live person, with my answer.”
These online faxing services will make faxing as easy as emailing. MyFax has three pricing packages to choose from and they let you choose between a local or toll-free number.
RapidFax has one plan only and is slightly cheaper than MyFax. You can use your computer, mobile devices or go to their website to send and receive faxes.
Nextiva vFax is by far the most professional of the three online faxing services. They offer three pricing plans that are suitable for a single user, small business and a large business. Nextiva has the lowest starting costs and overage costs.